As personal representative or executor of a deceased owner of registered land or property, can I transfer to a third party?
Yes, you can transfer the land or property to a third party without you or any other personal represtative being registered first by,
sending us the following documents.
- A completed application form AP1.
- A completed form TR1 (or TP1if you are only selling part of a title).
- The original or official copy of the grant of probate/letters of administration (we will return this to you).
- The appropriate stamp duty land tax certificate or self-certificate.
- The appropriate fee.
- A completed ID1 and/or ID2, where a conveyancer is not acting for you.
Note: If you intend to sell the land or property then the purchaser or their conveyancer will complete the application for registration.
Under our advisory policy we can give you factual information and procedural advice about how the land registration system works and how to make an application, but we cannot provide legal advice. In view of the complexities of the law in relation to this matter you may wish to seek legal advice.
See full details of our advisory policy.