LinkedIn acceptable use policy
Land Registry maintains a company page and groups on LinkedIn - www.linkedin.com/company/land-registry. This document sets out how Land Registry uses the service and the limitations of its use.
If you follow our company page, you can expect occasional messages covering information about Land Registry, including news, publications, web content and publicity campaigns.
Confidentiality and security
Land Registry cannot discuss individual cases on Linkedin. We will not ask you to disclose personal or payment information via LinkedIn or by email. If you receive such a message, do not respond - it is not from Land Registry and may be malicious.
We welcome recommendations, feedback and ideas from our followers and will endeavour to add value to conversations where we can.
Land Registry is bound by the Civil Service Code, and cannot engage on issues of party politics.
If you need to contact us for official correspondence, visit our website Contact us page.
If you follow our Linkedin company page, we will not automatically follow you back. This avoids us having to spend time dealing with spam accounts.
Our following a Linkedin account does not imply endorsement of any kind by Land Registry.
Land Registry will update and monitor our company page during normal office hours, Monday to Friday.
LinkedIn may occasionally become unavailable. Land Registry cannot accept responsibility for lack of service due to LinkedIn downtime.
All those who participate in Land Registry’s LinkedIn groups are required to abide by the following policy:
- I will not send any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive or illegal materials.
- I will not send to another party any copyrighted materials not owned by me, unless I have permission of the owner of the copyrighted materials to do so. By sending copyrighted materials to another party, I warrant and represent either that I own the copyright with respect to such materials or that I have received permission from the copyright owner to distribute such materials.
- Land Registry accepts no responsibility for the opinions and information sent by others. Land Registry will not offer legal or other professional advice to any user of our LinkedIn groups and nothing contained in any communication provided under our LinkedIn groups list may be construed as offering such advice.
- Land Registry does not actively monitor LinkedIn for inappropriate postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate message is brought to our attention, Land Registry will take appropriate action (see point 5).
- Land Registry reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
Please note - LinkedIn and Land Registry are not responsible for a member’s misuse or misappropriation of any content or information you post.