Data excluded from the House Price Index and price paid data.
Our House Price Index (HPI) and price paid data include information on all residential property sales in England and Wales that are sold for full market value and are lodged with us for registration. Please see below for how we define 'full market value'.
Our House Price Index and price paid data exclude:
- all commercial transactions. By this we mean any transaction that involves a transfer to a corporate body, company or business
- sales that have not been lodged with Land Registry. For example a lease under seven years
- sales that were not for full market value. By this we mean, the sale of part of a property, a share of a property or the sale of a property at a discount. Examples include right to buy properties, a repossession sale or a transfer between parties on divorce. Please see below for a full list.
Full list of exclusions
- All commercial transactions
- Transfers, conveyances, assignments or leases at a premium with nominal rent which are:
- 'Right to buy' sales at a discount.
- subject to a lease
- subject to an existing mortgage
- buy to let (where they can be identified by a mortgage deed)
- to effect the sale of a share in a property
- by way of a gift
- under a Compulsory Purchase order
- under a court order
- to Trustees appointed under Deed of appointment where no beneficial interest passes
- Vesting Deeds Transmissions or Assents
- of more than one property
- of a Retirement property
- Leases for seven years or less.