The Land Registration Fee Order 2013 came into force on 17 March 2014.
If you are unsure of the fee to be paid for a specific application you can use our fee calculator.
Fees for electronic applications
As part of the new Fee Order, we introduced a 50 per cent reduction in fee for certain applications relating to the whole of a title number which are submitted through our electronic Document Registration Service (e-DRS). The electronic applications eligible for this 50 per cent reduction are:
- transfers of whole
- charges of whole
- transfers of charges
- some fixed fee applications.
The following applications are excluded from this reduction and continue to carry the full fee regardless of their method of delivery.
- all applications for the first registration of a property or a rentcharge (Form FR1)
- all applications for a caution against first registration of a property (Form CT1) or an application to alter a cautions register
- transfer of part of a registered title (Forms AS3, TP1, TP2)
- new lease of whole or part of a registered title where the lease will be registered separately
- charge affecting only part of a registered title
- all applications to register an adverse possessor of land (Forms FR1, ADV1)
- all applications to determine a boundary (Form DB)
- all applications relating to commonhold properties (Forms CM1 to CM6, COE, CON1, CON2, COV, SR1)
- applications for the return of a document (Form RD1).
The following guides provide a summary that will help you to identify the correct fee payable for the main types of application:
- Guide to registration services fees - 2014 (PDF, 137KB)
- Guide to information services fees - 2014 (PDF, 226KB)
You can also view our guide to portal information services fees.
You will find further details in the following documents:
- Practice Bulletin
- Fee Order Explanatory Memorandum
- Fee Order Impact Assessment
- Frequently Asked Questions
Past fee orders
You can view previous fee orders on the legislation.gov.uk website:
- Land Registration Fee Order 2012 (22 October to 16 March 2014)
- Land Registration Fee Order 2009 (6 July 2009 to 21 October 2012)
- Land Registration Fee Order 2006 (7 August 2006 to 5 July 2009)
- Land Registration Fee Order 2004 (1 April 2004 to 6 August 2006)
- Land Registration Fee Order 2003 (13 October 2003 to 31 March 2004)