Electronic Document Registration Service
Our new electronic Document Registration Service (e-DRS) is a faster and more cost-effective way for you to submit and receive applications.
If you currently submit postal applications to change the register (such as form AP1 affecting the whole of a registered title), you will be able to submit the majority of them electronically with e-DRS.
Why join e-DRS?
- Speed. Reduce average end-to-end processing times through electronic submission of applications.
- Cost and environmental impact. Cut back on paper consumption and reduce costs such as postage and manual processing.
- Electronic audit trail. All applications will be received and responded to electronically, creating an audit trail that will help to prevent fraud.
How to access e-DRS
You can access e-DRS through our two electronic channels:
|Business Gateway||The portal|
|Available on Business Gateway, our business-to-business channel. ||Available on the portal, our web-based channel.|
Benefits to your business
The following features of e-DRS will make the application process easier:
- Builds on the e-lodgement and e-delivery of application types already available.
- Lets you electronically lodge a suite of applications affecting the whole of a registered title that are currently submitted through paper–based systems.
- Allows substantive registration applications and transaction types (form AP1 and scanned versions of accompanying documents) to be submitted by a signed-up organisation with legally qualified supervision.
- Includes applications to register transfers and/or charges together with other common transaction types affecting the whole of a registered title.
- Applications will be registered by Land Registry and the completed application returned to you electronically.