- Business e-services
- E-Document Registration Service
- Practice guides
- Customer training
- Law and practice
- Local Land Charges
Our portal is a secure website platform used to access Business e-services. Customers with access to business e-services through the portal enjoy a quicker and more cost effective service than the traditional paper-based route.
Information Services, Network Services, Lender Services and the electronic Document Registration Service (e-DRS) are available through the portal. The use of each service is governed by a separate agreement:
- Information Services - governed by the Conditions of Use
Request information from the Land Register over the internet such as searches of the index map, official copies of documents, registers and/or title plans; make day list enquiries, and official searches of the register. Find out more.
- Network Services - governed by a Network Access Agreement
Lodge certain applications to change the register over the internet. For example, you can change proprietors’ names due to marriage and remove the name of a deceased joint proprietor from the register. Find out more.
- Lender Services - governed by a Memorandum of Understanding
Mortgage lenders can discharge their mortgages over the internet. Find out more.
- Electronic Document Registration Service (e-DRS) - governed by the Conditions of Use
Send and receive applications to change the register electronically, rather than through the post. Find out more about e-DRS.
How do I apply?
Find out how to apply for a portal account.
Once you submit your application for the service(s) your organisation requires and we have satisfactorily completed all associated checks, we will make arrangements to allow you to become an active user of our systems and services.
We will issue security credentials to your administrator, together with information on training materials. Your administrator can then begin setting up accounts for individual users to access the services using any standard internet browser.
- No bespoke software is required – All you need is an internet connection and a standard internet browser.
- Controlled role-based access to the services you require.
- Online user activity reports to control and monitor access permissions.
- Reduced fees for some types of application.
Portal and Business Gateway services are available from 6.30am to 11.00pm every day, including bank holidays. Dedicated customer support is available from 8am to 6pm during weekdays. Online support is available 24/7.
You can find out more about Business e-services from our Customer online training modules. To view our modules you will need Adobe's Flash Player installed on your computer (this is available free of charge from the Adobe website).
Please see the portal guidance notes for more information.