Electronic document registration service
The new electronic document registration service (e-DRS) provides a faster and more cost effective way for customers to submit and receive applications. Using e-DRS, customers can now submit a range of applications electronically that could previously only be lodged through paper based methods.
E-DRS is available now through Business Gateway - our business to business channel.
We plan to launch E-DRS to our portal customers in Winter 2012/13.
e-DRS for Business Gateway customers
On 10 september 2012, we launched e-DRS on our Business Gateway channel. We conducted a successful pilot prior to launch. See what our pilot customers say about the service:
Gemma Pendlebury, Senior Associate at Eversheds says: "Whilst still in its early stages, indications are that the new service is proving exceptionally efficient. Submitting the applications electronically and receiving the completed applications back via the same route has shaved time off the turnaround from submission to receipt of completed applications."
"This innovative solution also brings additional benefits; the secure link, an audit trail of documents sent and received and the removal of the potential for documents getting delayed or lost in the post reduces risk for our clients, while, and quite importantly, a massive reduction in the amount of paper and printing helps us with our environmental targets."
"Collaborating with Land Registry on the prototype and pilot has been a positive experience and further proposals for extending the electronic services are welcome."
Simon Whitwham, Client Relationship & Development Manager at Fasttrac says: "Our process used to take 2 people 2 days to despatch 100 AP1s but now, with e-DRS, it only takes 1 person 3 minutes! The tangible cost benefits/savings equate to approximately £2 per case."
"We applaud the Land Registry for further enhancing the Business Gateway, because the benefits for conveyancers, lenders and borrowers are tangible in terms of speed and convenience for borrowers, as well as efficiency and risk management for lenders."
E-DRS allows you to make the following application types through Business Gateway:
- Dealings of whole of registered land for up to 20 registered titles.
- Most types of dealing transaction that are currently received by post.
Business Gateway customers are now invited to use e-DRS. For the technical information required to begin your development, contact our Channel Partners team: firstname.lastname@example.org
Why join e-DRS?
There are a number of benefits our customers can expect from this new service such as:
- Speed. The electronic submission of applications and the removal of postal delivery will reduce average end-to-end processing times
- Costs and environmental impact. The new e-service will support your efforts to cut back on paper consumption. It will also provide an opportunity to reduce costs such as postal and manual processing
- Electronic audit trail. All applications will be received and responded to electronically, creating an audit trail. This will provide a useful tool in the prevention of fraud.
In addition to these benefits, e-DRS will also provide you with a number of services that will make the application process easier.
- e-DRS will build on the e-lodgement and e-delivery application types already available.
- It will allow you to electronically lodge a suite of applications that are currently submitted through paper–based systems.
- The service will allow substantive registration applications and transaction types (form AP1 and scanned versions of accompanying documents) to be submitted by a signed-up organisation with legally qualified supervision.
- Applications to register transfers and/or charges together with other common transaction types affecting the whole of a registered title will be included in the pilot.
- Applications will be registered by Land Registry and the completed application returned to you electronically.
e-DRS for portal customers
We are currently testing a prototype of e-DRS for portal customers. Further work on this pilot will take place over the autumn as well as ongoing liaison with a group of customers to ensure that we deliver a solution to deliver the benefits identified. The launch date for portal is still to be confirmed but we are aiming to launch in Winter 2012/13
Please watch this space where we will keep you updated on developments with both our Business Gateway and portal e-DRS solutions.