Get instant, automated access to the information in our trusted property records with Business Gateway, our business-to-business electronic channel.
How does it work?
Business Gateway lets your case management system (CMS) communicate directly with our systems securely via the internet using web interface technologies.
There is no charge for accessing our services through Business Gateway although the usual fee is payable for each service that you use as set out in the current Land Registration Fee Order or Land Charges Fee Order.
There is a reduced fee for the majority of services requested electronically and some services do not charge a fee.
Signed-up customers are given access to an online developer pack which provides everything your developers need to connect with our systems. See a list of software suppliers who have carried out this development.
Why sign up for Business Gateway?
- No more manual processing as requests and responses are integrated seamlessly into your existing CMS.
- Faster processing of applications as automation removes the need to re-type and validate information.
- Real-time data transfer gives you instant access to certain Land Registry applications such as the official copy of the register.
Services can be requested via Business Gateway at any time. Requests received before 6.30am or after 10pm on working days or at weekends and public holidays are queued and processed from 6.30am the next working day.
What services are available through Business Gateway?
Our new electronic Document Registration Service (e-DRS) is now available through Business Gateway, as our most of our Information Services.
The following applications can currently be made:
- enquiry by property description – to obtain a title number (no fee)
- official search of the index map (SIM)
- official copy requests where title number is known (OC1)
- official copy of documents referred to in the register (OC2)
- official search of whole with priority (OS1)
- official search with priority of part of the land in a registered title (OS2)
- Land Charges bankruptcy search (K16)
- official search of the Land Charges register/index (K15)
- day list enquiry (no fee)
- outstanding requests – obtain a status report informing of new results since your last status report enquiry and which service transactions are progressing in your Land Registry team (no fee).
Our commercial Register Extract Service (RES) is available only through Business Gateway.
How do I sign up?
Business Gateway works alongside the portal so you must have a Business e-services portal account before you can sign up:
Once you've applied you can contact our Channel Partners team who will guide you through the rest of the process.
Need help and advice?
If you have any questions, please contact our Channel Partners team: email@example.com.