Price paid data
Our price paid data tracks the residential property sales in England and Wales that are lodged with us for registration. The dataset is one of the most reliable sources of house price information and consists of more than 18.5 million definitive records.
Data download options
Three simple download options allow you to select the data that best meet your requirements:
- Single file: contains all the up to date data from 1995 to the current date
- Monthly file: contains a single monthly file of the transactions received in the period from the first to the last day of the corresponding month, including any changes or deletions to previously downloaded data
- Yearly files: contains annual files of up to date data, ranging from 1995 to the current date. Unlike the Monthly files described above, Yearly files are collated on the date of the transaction/deed date rather than the date that the information was lodged with Land Registry.
The data now includes:
- the full address of the property (Primary addressable object name (PAON))
- where available, secondary addressable object name (SAON), such as street, postcode, locality (if available), town, district and county.
- the price paid for the property
- the date of transfer
- the property type (Detached, Semi, Terraced or Flat/Maisonette)
- whether the property is new build or not
- whether the property is freehold or leasehold.
(Jan 1995 = 100)Avg. price £172,011 Change:
|Accuracy of data|
We strive to ensure that our public data is as accurate as possible but cannot guarantee that it is free from errors. |
Read more >>
|Take our survey|
|Have your say about how our price paid data is published for re-use. Take our survey >>|
Our Customer Support team will answer your questions and respond to your requests by email or phone.Get in touch...