Our advisory policy
We offer advice to our customers through our publications and Customer Support information as well as in the way we handle day-to-day applications.
We provide factual information including official copies of registers, title plans and documents, searches and details of our forms and fees.
We provide advice on our procedures to explain how the land registration system works and how to make applications correctly. This includes:
- advice before you make an application, if you ask us for it
- if there is a problem with an application, advice as to the nature of the problem and what options, if any, are available to put it right, and
- an approval service for estate layout plans and certain other land registration documents.
There are limits to the advice that we will provide. We do not provide legal advice.
This means that:
- we will not approve the evidence to be produced in support of a registration application before we receive the application
- apart from procedural advice, we will not advise on what action to take, and
- we will not recommend a professional adviser but can explain how to find one.
We provide advice only about real cases, not about theoretical circumstances. We will not express a view on questions where the law is complicated or not clear unless the question arises on a live registration application.
In providing this factual information and procedural advice we will:
- be impartial
- recognise that others may be affected by what we say
- avoid any conflict of interest.
(Jan 1995 = 100)Avg. Price £161,793 Change:
Our Customer Support team will answer your questions and respond to your requests by email or phone.Get in touch...