30 April 2013
Land Registry to release free historical property data
We are pleased to announce that we will release a number of free datasets as part of our commitment to the Open Data agenda.
The following datasets will be available to download from our website under Open Government Licence:
- 30 May 2013 – historical House Price Index (HPI) tables. These will be in CSV format and from July they will be in machine readable format as linked data. The tables form part of the HPI calculation and contain up-to-date indices, average house prices and sales volumes dating back to 1995 for all England and Wales. Find out more about the House Price Index.
- 28 June 2013 – historical Price Paid Data (PPD) in CSV format. This will be available as linked data from July. Historical PPD will contain records of the price paid for every residential property sold at full market value lodged for registration between 1 January 2009 and 31 January 2012 in England and Wales. Find out more about Price Paid Data.
- By November 2013 – the remainder of the historical Price Paid Data that covers the period 1 January 1995 to 31 December 2008. The staggered release of the historical PPD will allow for re-formatting of the data from 1995 to 2009 to bring it into line with the post-2009 data.
- By March 2014 – the 1862 Register as image data. The 1862 Register is comprised of leather-bound ledgers of various sizes which each contain a mix of handwritten, typed and printed documents and maps on parchment, waxed linen, and paper. Our plan is to digitise these historic documents and publish the information as open data.
We will be keeping our website updated with FAQs about these dataset releases. If you have any questions in the meantime, please contact our Departmental Records Officer:
- 0300 00 67054
- email DRO@landregistry.gsi.gov.uk
In June 2013 we will be announcing our data release plan for the rest of 2013-14.